Inspired by the notion that a random act of reading can change a life. Literacy and Hope is a green program, recycling books into the hands of those who could use a little hope.
Literacy and Hope is a tiny, but thriving, not-for-profit green-thinking program that is all about putting books in the hands of people of limited income who want to read. It’s about adult and child literacy. And it’s about encouraging everyone to do what you can, where you are—every day. Simply put:
- Literacy and Hope has been sharing books for about 5 years now. We are a 501c3 not-for-profit organization identified in good standing through the Colorado Secretary of State’s website & IRS.
- We are a recycling outlet for pre-loved books. There is no cost to anyone who receives our books. If you find one of our books, it’s yours to read and keep or read and pass along to others. The books are fiction and non-fiction; adult, youth and children’s books. We support freedom of speech and don’t have a religious or political agenda.
- Partnership with other not-for-profits allows us to serve the needs of an already-identified client base and reduce or nullify costs. We are thrilled to work with Teach-for-America, STRIDE, and other programs looking to stretch donor dollars.
- Most of our books are distributed along the Colorado Front Range. We also have the privilege of working with teachers on the Pine Ridge Reservation, Allen, South Dakota, creating three school libraries where none existed and supporting their adult literacy efforts as well.
- Click here for more details.